The National Journal's Ron Fournier thinks the mainstream media will give more attention to the House select committee on Benghazi after a previously unreleased White House memo
came to light last month.
In the memo, White House Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes counseled then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice to focus on an anti-Muslim video as the reason for the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic facililty in Benghazi, Libya that left four Americans dead, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
The administration had maintained up to that point that no one in the White House told Rice to blame the video.
In a panel discussion Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "Special Report,"
Fournier initially said that the public probably already knows everything there is to know about Benghazi and how poor security led to the deaths of the four men.
But conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer said he expects more facts to come out.
There are likely more memos embarrassing to the White House that will be uncovered, he said.
"And it's the facts that will dictate the coverage."
Republicans believe the administration tried to initially cover up the fact that Benghazi was a terrorist attack because it would have hurt Obama's re-election chances. He had said on the campaign trail that al-Qaida was "on the run."
"The mainstream media is not going to ignore this now," Fournier told the Fox News panel.
"Say what you want to about the mainstream media, we don't like to be lied to, we don't like to have stuff hidden from us, and that's what happened with the Rhodes memo. So it's a new game now, baby."
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.