Murder Suspect Says he Wanted to Start Terror Cell

Saturday, 21 May 2011 10:21 PM

 

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The man accused of fatally shooting a soldier outside a military recruiting office in Arkansas in 2009 now says he wanted to start a terrorist cell in the U.S.

In his latest letter to a Pulaski County judge, Abdulhakim Muhammad says those were his plans after he was deported back to the U.S. from Yemen in early 2009. He'd been in prison in Yemen for immigration violations. Muhammad was born in Tennessee.

Pulaski County prosecutor Larry Jegley brushed off Muhammad's claims Saturday, calling him a "street thug" who committed a drive-by shooting. Muhammad's defense attorney says his client is likely stressed ahead of his capital murder trial in July.

Muhammad is accused in the Little Rock shootings that killed Army Pvt. William Long and wounded Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula.

___

Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.arkansasonline.com

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Fort Hood Victims Link Shooter's ISIS Letter to Terrorism

Saturday, 30 Aug 2014 17:09 PM

Victims of the Fort Hood shooting in 2009 say that a letter gunman Nidal Hasan wrote to the leader of Islamic State prov . . .

Ferguson Rally Marks 3 Weeks Since Brown's Death

Saturday, 30 Aug 2014 15:40 PM

Hundreds converged on Ferguson on Saturday to march for Michael Brown, the unarmed black 18-year-old who was shot and ki . . .

St. Louis Officer Retires Amid Probe of 'Killer' Video

Saturday, 30 Aug 2014 15:27 PM

Police say a suspended St. Louis County officer who had been assigned to patrols in Ferguson has retired amid a review o . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved