Ros-Lehtinen: State Dept Misled Public Over Benghazi Officials

Thursday, 27 Dec 2012 10:21 PM

By Dan Weil

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen lit into the State Department Thursday over reports that officials who were said to have resigned over the Benghazi attacks are still on staff.

“This is unbelievable, the American people should be outraged at this, because it is pathetic, it is disgraceful, it is purposely misleading, it is a ruse, smoke and mirrors. This is so wrong for the State Department to do,” the Florida Republican told “Fox & Friends” Thursday.

“It’s just one more lie in a web of lies dealing with the terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya.”

Watch Ros-Lehtinen on "Fox and Friends." Story continues below.




Ros-Lehtinen’s comments came in response to a question about a story in the New York Post this week, which claimed that Eric Boswell, an assistant secretary of State, is still working, despite an announcement from the department earlier this month that he would resign.

The article said Boswell was kept on board to perform other responsibilities. Ros-Lehtinen was none too pleased. “We have another attempt to purposely misdirect the American public,” she said.

"If you want to screw up big time, get a job at senior levels of the State Department, because apparently they don't let anybody go," she added.

“They’ve just shifted the deckchairs. They want to make the American people believe that the State Department has held people accountable for their lack of security and sending help to four brave Americans. This is incredibly inept of the State Department to continue to fool the American public.”

Meanwhile, Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio Wednesday called on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to testify before Congress on the events that led to the Sept. 11 Benghazi attacks that killed four Americans. She was supposed to appear last week but postponed until January because of a concussion.

“As the nation’s top diplomat, she should appear before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in both open and classified hearings to discuss the Accountability Review Board’s findings,” Rubio said in an opinion piece published by Fox News

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Most Illegal Border Kids Relocated to Texas

Thursday, 31 Jul 2014 11:00 AM

Federal officials have placed more unaccompanied minors from Central America in Texas than any other state, according to . . .

Sudan Woman Who Faced Death over Faith Heads to US

Thursday, 31 Jul 2014 09:54 AM

A Sudanese woman who refused to recant her Christian faith in the face of a death sentence is heading to the United Stat . . .

Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds State's Registry for Same-sex Couples

Thursday, 31 Jul 2014 09:42 AM

The Wisconsin Supreme Court on Thursday upheld a 2009 law that establishes a registry for same-sex couples, saying it do . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved