Democrats like to portray themselves as the party of the poor. But seven of the 10 richest members of Congress are Democrats, The Hill
For this year, Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, took over the top spot from Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.
Here’s the top 10 list:
- 1. McCaul: Net worth $287 million.
- 2. Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.: Net worth $220 million
- 3. Kerry: Net worth $193 million.
- 4. Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va.: Net worth $82 million
- 5. Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va.: Net worth $76 million
- 6. Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo.: Net worth $66 million
- 7. Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J.: Net worth $55 million
- 8. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.: Net worth $55 million
- 9. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.: Net worth $45 million
- 10. Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla.: Net worth $44 million.
Overall, the news service’s ranking of the top 50 wealthiest members names 32 Republicans.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.