Airport Screeners to Avoid Patting Down Children

Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 12:09 PM

 

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink

WASHINGTON — The government's airport security chief says his agency has made changes to pat-downs for young children and more changes are coming.

Transportation Security Administration head John Pistole tells a Senate committee that airport screeners are now told to make repeated attempts to screen young children without using invasive pat-downs.

Earlier this year, a 6-year-old girl was given a pat-down because she moved during the electronic screening, causing a blurry image. There was public outrage that such a young child, who seemed to pose no terrorist threat, would have to go through what many consider an invasive search.

Pistole has said the agency is working on a modified pat-down for kids. He says terrorists outside the U.S. have used children as young as 10 as suicide bombers.

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Report: WH Assured Insurers of Bailout From Obamacare Losses

Wednesday, 30 Jul 2014 13:15 PM

A new report from Republican members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee shows that White House advis . . .

House, Senate Jockey on Troubled Border Funding Bill

Wednesday, 30 Jul 2014 12:54 PM

Legislation to pay for handling a flood of Central American migrant children hung by a thread in the U.S. Congress on We . . .

Ventura 'Overjoyed' By $1.8M Award in Kyle Defamation Case

Wednesday, 30 Jul 2014 12:49 PM

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura feels he's been vindicated by a jury's verdict awarding him $1.8 million in his defa . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved