Warren Buffett topped the list of billionaires who gained the most wealth in 2013, adding an estimated $37 million a day to his fortune, according to a new study.
According to wealth research firm Wealth-X, Buffett added $12.7 billion to his net worth this year, for a total of $59.1 billion, CNBC reported.
Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll
On paper, that breaks down to an increase of $37 million a day or $1.5 million an hour.
The 83-year-old investor and Berkshire Hathaway CEO benefitted from rising stock prices, which boosted shares of his corporation by more than 25 percent in 2013, the New York Post reported.
Bill Gates came in at No. 2 on the list of top billionaire gainers, despite being the world's richest man. The Microsoft chairman pulled in $72.6 billion this year, up by $11.5 billion from 2012.
Overall, the top 10 billionaire earners increased their fortunes by a combined $101.8 billion.
Top billionaire gainers in 2013:
1. Warren Buffett — $12.7 billion gain to $59.1 billion
2. Bill Gates — $11.5 billion gain to $72.6 billion
3. Sheldon Adelson — $11.4 billion gain to $35.3 billion
4. Jeff Bezos — $11.3 billion gain to $34.4 billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg — $10.5 billion gain to $24.7 billion
6. Masayoshi Son — $10.3 billion gain to $19.1 billion
7. Sergey Brin — $9.3 billion gain to $30 billion
8. Larry Page — $9.3 billion gain to $29.9 billion
9. Lui Chee Woo — $8.3 billion gain to $19.6 billion
10. Carl Icahn — $7.2 billion gain to $22.1 billion
Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.