Tags: two | die | open | fireworks | blowtorch

Two Men Die While Attempting to Open Fireworks Box With Blowtorch

Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 07:45 PM

By Morgan Chilson

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Two men apparently burglarizing a New Hampshire landscaping business in the middle of the night were killed by an explosion after they supposedly attempted to use a blowtorch to open a metal box containing fireworks, CBS Boston reported.

Lucas Bourke and Ethan Keeler, both 21, were found dead on the scene when police arrived after a neighbor called in the explosion, the Boston Herald said.

Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?

Although police did not comment to CBS about why the two men were at a New Yard Landscaping building, company owner Tom Komisarek said the men had already taken other things from the property and put them in a vehicle.

The building where the men were using an oxyacetylene blowtorch to open the box was also damaged in the explosion.

“I heard the boom first and then immediately felt the tremor,” neighbor Janice Farenwald told CBS. “There was definitely an odor that came through the window. I could tell something was burning, so I thought something must have exploded.”

Kent Keeler, a family member of Ethan Keeler’s, told CBS he had no idea what his cousin was thinking.

“I think he just didn’t know who he was yet,” said Kent Keeler. “I feel like he was trying to find out where he belongs.”

Predictably, social media had a harsh response to the two men.

“What a couple of dummies! ‘This will be on 1000 Ways To Die’ next season,” wrote one man.

Others brought up the idea of Darwin’s survival of the fittest theory.

But one person wrote, “Heartbreaking tragedy. I knew these kids, and if you think for a second they got something they deserved you need to have a long talk with your family about how you value money and property more than people's lives. Shame on you.”

Editor's Note: Do You Support Obamacare? Vote in Urgent National Poll

Related stories:

Burglars Return Loot After Realizing Conquest Is a Charity

Honest 'Burglars' Paid for Goods They Took From Unattended Store

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
You May Also Like

Nor'easter, Snow Threaten Northeast Travel Ahead of Thanksgiving

Tuesday, 25 Nov 2014 17:50 PM

The Northeast is bracing for a Nor'easter that is expected to snarl holiday travel plans on Wednesday . . .

Michael Hanline Freed After 1980 Murder Conviction Overturned

Tuesday, 25 Nov 2014 15:34 PM

Michael Hanline, who was convicted of murder in 1980, was released on bail Monday after prosecutors said they are no lon . . .

Houston Dog Stuck in Jug for Weeks Rescued, Finds a New Home (Video)

Tuesday, 25 Nov 2014 14:37 PM

A family near Houston saved a 5-month-old dog that was stuck in a jug after trying for weeks to catch the stray. . . .

Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved