A brand sold at Trader Joe's, Glass Onion Catering, has recalled more than 90 tons of chicken products because of possible E. coli contamination. The Northern California-based gourmet food line sells ready-to-eat salads and wraps.
The prepackaged goods, which feature fully cooked chicken and ham, were pulled Sunday after 26 people in three states were sickened with E. coli O157:H7, ContraCostaTimes.com reported.
The O157:H7 strain of E. coli causes dehydration, bloody diarrhea, and abdominal cramps that take effect about 2-8 days after exposure, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Some people recover on their own, but others can experience kidney failure.
Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?
Glass Onion Catering products are sold by retailers like Trader Joe's, Delish, and Super Fresh Foods.
Here are some of the products included in the recall:
- 12 oz. packages of "delish pan pacific chop salad"
- 13.4 oz. packages of "delish California style grilled chicken salad"
- 9.9 oz. packages of "delish uncured applewood smoked ham & cheese wrap"
- 10.5 oz. packages of "delish grilled chicken caesar wrap"
- 10.9 oz. packages of "delish southwestern chicken wrap"
- 11.5 oz. packages of "delish greek brand low-calorie grilled chicken wrap"
- 9.9 oz. packages of "delish white chicken club wrap"
- 11.2 oz. packages of "delish asian style chicken wrap"
- 13.4 oz. packages of "atherstone Fine Foods Southwestern Style White Chicken Wrap with Chimichurri Sauce"
- 10.5 oz. packages of "atherstone Fine Foods Asian Style White Chicken Wrap with Mango Vinaigrette"
- 9.9 oz. packages of "atherstone Fine Foods Grilled White Chicken Caesar Wrap with Caesar Dressing"
- 10.7 oz. packages of "super fresh Foods California Grilled Chicken Salad, Low Fat Mendocino Mustard Dressing"
- 10.7 oz. packages of "Lunch Spot Southwestern Style Chicken Wrap, Chile & Lime Dressing"
- 9.2 oz. packages of "super fresh Foods Pan Pacific Chopped Chicken Salad, Ginger Soy Dressing"
- 10.7 oz. plastic containers of "Trader Joe's Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken"
- 11 oz. plastic containers of "Trader Joe's Mexicali Salad with Chili Lime Chicken"
The recalled products were made between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6 and shipped to distribution centers in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Texas, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service.
Editor's Note: Do You Support Obamacare? Vote in Urgent National Poll
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.