A year after his performance was cut short for violating a 10:30 p.m. late-night noise curfew, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will return to London this summer to headline the Hard Rock Calling music festival once again.
Last year, Paul McCartney joined Springsteen onstage shortly before 11 p.m. for a duet of "I Saw Her Standing There" and "Twist and Shout," but authorities turned off the microphones and silenced the stars, effectively putting an end to the show. E Street Band guitarist Steve Van Zandt took to Twitter at the time to air his frustrations about being forced offstage.
Live Nation concert officials said the show was stopped because the event had to comply with the rules on its license.
"It was unfortunate that the three-hour-plus performance by Bruce Springsteen was stopped right at the very end but the curfew is laid down by the authorities in the interest of the public health and safety," a Live Nation spokesperson told the Telegraph.
: Massive New Rules Revealed for 2013
But Springsteen will return as the main event for the second night of the two-day festival June 30. Other festival performers include Kasabian, Paul Weller, the Black Crowes, and Alabama Shakes.
Newham Council, the body responsible for issuing licenses for concerts, said it hadn’t yet decided whether a curfew would be in effect for the Hard Rock Calling festival, according to the Telegraph
Concert organizers from Live Nation are hoping the festival's change of venue will make a difference. The event is moving from central London's Hyde Park, where wealthy neighbors often make noise complaints, to the 560-acre Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the site of the 2012 Olympic Games.
12-12-12 Sandy Benefit Concert: Full Setlist of Epic Six-Hour Show
Bill Clinton, Springsteen Rock Ohio for Obama
Bruce Springsteen Backs Gay Marriage in N.J.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.