After his Samsung S4 caught fire earlier this year, Richard Wygand now claims the South Korean electronics company is trying to silence him by ordering him to remove a YouTube video documenting the damage before they'll replace the device.
According to Wygand, the smartphone caught fire while it was being charged, leading to the "smell of burning electronics" and a visibly burnt phone and charger.
Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll
On Dec. 5, Wygand, under the YouTube user name ghostlyrich, posted a second video to the site
in which he presented viewers with a letter that he claimed came from Samsung ordering him to remove the prior video and then the company would replace the phone.
Wygand posted the letter supposedly from Samsung to PasteBin.com on Tuesday
The letter reads, "As a condition of exchanging the phone with a similar model, *** agrees to remove his Youtube video from the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc4duKuPrQ0 or any other link or statement relating to these matters and refrain from making other videos or statements about or relating to the matters set out herein."
Wygand spoke out about their reported attempt to silence him.
"Samsung knows they f—ed up and what's pissing me off is they're trying to bandage it and keep people quiet by giving them new phones that might not actually be their phone," Wygand said in the YouTube video. "It’s a whole lot of bull crap."
Wygand said he was a former Apple user and when he encountered problems with his iPhone, Apple took the product back with no questions asked and replaced it.
In the YouTube video, Wygand also alluded to a fire in June when another Samsung S4 battery malfunctioned. According to the Daily Mail, a Samsung Galaxy S4 burst into flames in Hong Kong
after the owner, who was playing a game on the device at the time, says he heard a loud pop from the phone's battery.
Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.