New Online Network To Resurrect 'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live'

Monday, 07 Jan 2013 05:29 PM

By Dale Eisinger

  Comment  |
   Contact  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
As if there isn't enough drama on the Internet already . . . It's confirmed that beloved soap operas "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" will be bringing all their double-crossing treachery online.

Both previous daytime TV staples will be flagship series of the yet-to-be launched The Online Network.

If you aren't already, it's just another reason to get Internet savvy.

Note: Should Chuck Hagel and John Kerry Be Confirmed? Vote Here in Urgent Poll

"All My Children" wrapped in September 2011 after 41 years. "One Life To Live" was on the air for 44 seasons, coming to an end last January. But they'll soon be back, if TV execs can be believed.

Agnes Nixon, the 85-year-old creator of both shows, will have an "active involvement" in the for-the-web production of both series, according to Prospect Park, the production company. The shows will begin production in February. No premier date has been set.

"We thank the loyal audience and new generation of fans of both shows who have demonstrated that passion and exciting story lines are not just reserved for traditional television," a Prospect Park spokesperson said in a statement. "Their enduring support encouraged us to move forward each and every day."

It’s a surprise move, though word leaked of the shows’ resurrection last month. Prospect Park had reached a licensing deal with ABC in 2011 but cut the project short, blaming financial and logistical issues. So, the project moving forward now is a big plus for fans of the decades-old story shows.
(http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/All-My-Children-One-Life-to-Live-Online-Revivals-4172521.php)

Prospect Park shares former ABC executives, making the licensing deal a little smoother. In fact, the network takes its name from the area of Los Angeles where the ABC studios sit.

The Online Network, which will be known as TOLN, was slated to launch sometime this month, according to TV Line. The service will likely be subscription-based, though some sources close to the issue have said the network will be strictly ad-supported, much like many on-demand video services.

Executives hope the network will provide "viewers with a full programming selection of first-run, long form content on an anytime, anywhere basis," said a press release regarding the company.

Note: Should Chuck Hagel and John Kerry Be Confirmed? Vote Here in Urgent Poll

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

  Comment  |
   Contact  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
You May Also Like

Bernie Tiede, Convicted Murderer Mortician, to Get New Sentencing

Wednesday, 26 Nov 2014 17:39 PM

Bernie Tiede, the mortician who was convicted of killing his companion Marjorie Nugent in 1996, will receive a new sente . . .

Chrysler Pentastar Logo Getting Phased Out With FCA Formation

Wednesday, 26 Nov 2014 15:51 PM

Chrysler's iconic Pentastar logo is being phased out as the company introduces a new logo in keeping with the newly form . . .

Jian Ghomeshi: Canadian Radio Host Charged With Sexual Assault

Wednesday, 26 Nov 2014 15:16 PM

Canadian celebrity radio host Jian Ghomeshi has been charged with multiple counts of sexual assault. . . .

Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved