Fox news anchor Megyn Kelly has renewed her contract with the cable news network
amid rumors that she was considering a move to another network.
Kelly currently hosts the 1 to 3 p.m. show "America Live" on weekdays. Her decision to stay with Fox News has sparked speculation she might be moved to a different time slot, specifically the 10 to 11 p.m. period presently occupied by "On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren."
Van Susteren, who also signed a long-term contract this week with Fox News, has maintained her 10 p.m. time slot since 2002.
Urgent: Is Obamacare Hurting Your Wallet? Vote in Poll
A Fox News spokesperson confirmed the contract renewals with the New York Times earlier in the week, but refused to comment on the details or the possibility of a scheduling change for either anchor.
Van Susteren's husband, John Coale, who represents the TV personality in contract negotiations, also told the Times that he was not aware of a proposed scheduling change.
Coale, however, did suggest in the Tuesday phone interview with the Times that his wife would be happy to move to an earlier hour, perhaps sometime later this year.
In December, Coale learned that he had cancer, as revealed in a blog post Van Susteren wrote in February following a surgical procedure her husband underwent, The Times noted. The type of cancer was not reported.
Now recovering, Coale told the Times on Tuesday, "I’d like to spend some quality time with my wife, at least before 11 p.m."
In his Times interview, Coale stressed that he was speaking for himself, and not his wife, who reportedly declined to comment after receiving an e-mail from the grey lady.
If Van Susteren, who is also an attorney, were to move to an earlier time slot, many media observers believe Kelly would be the likely replacement.
Before renewing her contract, sources close to Kelly told the Times that the news anchor had been in talks with other networks including ABC and CNN, the latter of which was reportedly very interested in hiring the news woman.
Reacting to the speculation that Kelly was considering a move away from Fox News, the network's chief executive, Roger Ailes, acknowledged that "a lot of people will try to recruit her" when her contract came due.
In an interview with TVNewser last November, Ailes discussed the possibility of Kelly leaving for another network.
ALERT: Government ‘Blunder’ Spawns Massive Profit Opportunity
"We’d love her to stay here and be even a bigger star," Ailes said. "I’d be stunned if she wanted to go to any other cable channel. That’s a real dive off a high cliff. If somebody wanted her to host the ‘Today’ show or something, she’d have to look at that, I suppose."
Kelly, who is now 42 and pregnant with her third child, joined Fox News in 2004.
In addition to her weekday afternoon show, Kelly is known for her election and New Year's Eve coverage and enjoys a considerable fan base among Fox News watchers.
On-Air Jolt for Fox News’ Terrified Megyn Kelly Makes Her a YouTube Hit
Fox News Anchor Megyn Kelly in Tears During Sandy Hook Coverage
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.