Footage of kids nearly shocked to death in a swimming pool before being rescued by adults was captured by security cameras at a Florida condominium and released Wednesday by police.
WPTV West Palm Beach reported that unpermitted, shoddy electrical work is to blame
for the near tragedy at the Palm West Garden apartments in Hialeah that sent the three children to the hospital for four nights.
"I was in the pool and then the metal railing, I was swimming close to it, and I felt a shock," 10-year-old victim Diego Cabrera told WEAR ABC 3
Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll
It was he, his 6-year-old sister, and another 5-year-old girl, that fell victim to the faulty wiring, whose grounding wires from the pool pump were seen in crime scene photos hanging in the air instead of running into the ground as they should have been.
The video footage of the incident shows one of the little girls bobbing along until she touches the pool's metal railing. Her head jerks backward, and she appears to be paralyzed. Her father reacts quickly, shocking himself as he realizes what's happened and drags her body out of the pool.
Everyone else evacuates, leaving one additional girl, Daniella, floating limply in the water — still attached to the electrified railing. Her grandfather, Freddie Cabrera, comes to her aid, saving her life.
The pool apparently passed a 40-year inspection last year, as well as two health department inspections, calling into question the accountability of local inspectors.
The complex's owners have not commented nearly a month after the April 27 incident.
Just two weeks ago, a 7-year-old North Miami boy, Calder Sloan, was electrocuted by the light in his pool, which was not wired correctly.
Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.