Kesha Postpones Tour To Continue Treatment for Eating Disorder

Image: Kesha Postpones Tour To Continue Treatment for Eating Disorder

Wednesday, 05 Feb 2014 09:54 AM

By Michael Mullins

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Popstar star Kesha has postponed her tour dates until completing her treatment for an eating disorder, according to a rep for the 26-year-old singer.

"I was so looking forward to performing at these dates but I need to follow my doctor's advice and get my health back on track," Kesha said in a statement, the Los Angeles Times reported.

"All of your support during this time has been so amazing," Kesha added. "I couldn’t have done this without you all. I look forward to coming back stronger than ever on the next tour."

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

Known for such singles as "Right Round," "Tik Tok," and "We R Who We R," the California-born Kesha checked into Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center located outside Chicago in January, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Kesha had been scheduled to perform in Indiana and Wisconsin through March and April.

"I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I've found it hard to practice," Kesha wrote on Facebook. "I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder ... to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am."

The pop star also thanked her fans for their support on Twitter with a post last month.


Kesha’s mother, Pebe Sebert, has reportedly also checked herself into the same facility to help her daughter overcome her eating disorder.

According to Sebert, Kesha’s eating disorder stemmed from her producer, Lukasz "Luke" Gottwald also known as Dr. Luke, putting pressure on the young singer to constantly lose weight, MTV reported.

"I've watched my beautiful, self-confident, brilliant daughter be berated and ridiculed for her looks and weight to the point that she almost died," Sebert told the People magazine in January.

Gottwald has consistently denied the accusations.

Despite his denials, the music producer has reportedly received numerous death threats from Kesha fans on social media websites.

Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?

Related Stories

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved