Katt Williams Banned From Calif. Target After Attacking Clerk

Image: Katt Williams Banned From Calif. Target After Attacking Clerk

Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 03:24 PM

By Clyde Hughes

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
A judge told troubled comedian Katt Williams on Tuesday that he could never return to the Target store in Woodland, Calif., after Williams entered a no contest plea to misdemeanor battery for attacking a store employee last year.

Williams, 39, will have to serve a one-year informal probation and pay a $200 fine, according to Sacramento's KXTV. The comedian also is barred from a firearm for 10 years.

Urgent: Should Obamacare be Repealed? Vote Here Now

The plea stemmed from an incident in November when Williams was caught on store surveillance video hitting clerk Forrest Liebenberg after a face-to-face argument with him. Williams was also ordered to stay away from Liebenberg.

In April, KXTV reported Williams received 90 days of community service in connection with leading police on a chase through downtown Sacramento on the same day of the Target assault.

Williams was allowed to perform the community service in Los Angeles County, where he lives. A judge also ordered three years of unsupervised probation and to pay a $70 court cost.

"At some point you have to take responsibility for the mistakes and let everybody move on," Williams told KXTV after the April hearing.

In addressing the Target incident after the April hearing, Williams said he only hit Liebenberg after the clerk used a racial slur during the argument, but Liebenberg refuted the charge, KXTV stated.

The Target fight is on a short list of problems for the comedian, who has appeared in such movies as "First Sunday" and "Scary MoVie."

TMZ.com reported that Williams has been battling tax problem as well. The website reported in February he paid $284,000 in federal back taxes from 2007.

But last December, the IRS told the comedian he still owed $3.2 million in taxes from 2008 and another $829,352 in 2009, according to TMZ.

Carlos Casto-Lino filed a $250,000 lawsuit against Williams and the Paramount Theater in Seattle after Williams allegedly whipped him with a microphone during a Nov. 30 show there, wrote BET.com. The comedian then failed to show up for shows in Kansas City, Houston, and New Orleans.

Latest: Do You Support Giving Illegals Citizenship? Vote Here Now

Related stories:

Comedian 106 Pounds Down: Lisa Lampanelli Gets Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Jonathan Winters Dies: Pioneer of Improvisational Comedy Was 87

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved