Tags: iphone | fire | girl | pants

iPhone Catches Fire in Girl's Pants as She Sits Down at School: Report

Friday, 31 Jan 2014 07:19 PM

By Ken Mandel

A 13-year-old girl was injured Friday when the iPhone in her pocket reportedly caught fire as she sat down in class at her school in Maine.

Kennebunk Middle School principal Jeff Rodman told ABC affiliate WMTW8 that the student heard a pop after sitting down in a classroom, then saw smoke coming from the back of her pants. Three classmates jumped in to help the girl.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

One student ran to find a teacher, who came with a blanket and an extinguisher to snuff out the flames, Rodman told the station. The cellphone fell out of the girl's pocket as the students were helping remove the burning pants.

The girl was treated for first- and second-degree burns at nearby Southern Maine Medical Center in Biddeford, Maine.

It's not the only recent report of a smartphone catching fire. A Samsung Galaxy S4 caught fire earlier in 2013 while on the charger, and the company got itself into hot water by asking a man to delete a YouTube video chronicling the situation.

Editor's Note: Do You Support Obamacare? Vote in Urgent National Poll

Related Stories:

© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

1Like our page
2Share
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved