Rumors that Bradley Cooper will replace Harrison Ford as the iconic Indiana Jones for future movies in the franchise were denied Thursday even as a source told Latino Review exclusively that the idea of Ford continuing in the role for a fifth film
is becoming less likely.
The Huffington Post went on a mission to confirm or deny the Cooper as Indiana Jones rumors
and got a denial from “a source close to production.” That source reportedly said “Cooper is not under consideration to star and there are no plans to reboot the franchise with another actor.”
Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll
Speculation has fueled the entertainment world for several years on whether there would be a fifth Indiana Jones movie. Ford told The Telegraph in August last year that he would still like a chance
to take on the role, even in his 70s.
"We've seen the character develop and grow over a period of time and it's perfectly appropriate and OK for him to come back again with a great movie around him where he doesn't necessarily have to kick as much ass," Ford said.
Director Frank Marshall tackled the rumors on Twitter:
And he later added:
The idea of Cooper in the role spurred many online to vote yea or nay — and to offer their own suggestions on who should take over the role if Ford is left behind.
Editor's Note: Do You Support Obamacare? Vote in Urgent National Poll
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.