British firefighters responding to a call that a woman was trapped in her Oxford home found a mom stuck in her son's high chair.
Serena Curtis, 31, a mother of three, decided to wedge herself into her son's high chair as a joke after having a few glasses of wine with her girlfriends, who caught the whole debacle on tape, the Sun
reported on Monday.
Curtis struggled to free herself for more than an hour before calling the fire department to help get her out. Afterwards, Curtis said she was "so embarrassed."
"I just had a dressing gown on, but luckily part of the chair was hiding my face," Curtis told the Sun. "It’s my son’s high chair. I haven’t told him yet. I’ll wait until he’s a bit older. We were a bit merry and I decided to do it for a laugh. I’m glad the fire brigade realized it was an accident."
This is just one incident in a string of recent events involving people getting stuck.
In December, a man got stuck in the chimney of an apartment building in San Francisco, KTVU.com reported. Fire crews were able to free the man by dislodging some bricks, and he walked away with minor bruises and scrapes. Police said they didn’t know how or why he ended up in the chimney.
Earlier this month, an Oregon woman fell and got stuck in a narrow opening between two buildings, The Associated Press reported. She was trapped in a space 8 to 10 inches wide for nearly four hours with her feet dangling a few feet above the ground. Rescuers used an airbag and soapy lubricant to finally free her.
"She was just so relieved," Portland Lt. Rich Chatman told the AP. "She'd been there for over three hours against two cold slabs of concrete.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.