Tags: elton john | forced | pain | appendix

Elton John Forced by Pain To Have Appendix Removed in Monaco

Image: Elton John Forced by Pain To Have Appendix Removed in Monaco

Monday, 05 Aug 2013 09:08 AM

By Clyde Hughes

Entertainer Elton John is resting at his home in Nice in France after surgery in Monaco to have his appendix removed. The singer avoided surgery for months using antibiotics but pain forced him to relent to the surgery on Aug. 1.

John, 66, was forced to cancel concert dates last month after he was diagnosed with appendicitis, according to the Huffington Post. The star is scheduled to be back on stage in September after the successful 45-minute surgery, The Mirror reported.

Missed summer concert dates included stops in in Italy, Germany and London’s Hyde Park, according to the Mirror.

Latest: Do You Support Giving Illegals Citizenship? Vote Here Now

"Elton is back in Nice playing with the boys now," a source told The Mirror. "He is a lot better and very positive after the operation. He still has to rest up but is determined to get back on the road next month and can’t wait to see his fans who have sent thousands of get well soon messages."

John said during an interview with The Sun that the pain eventually became unbearable.

"I was a ticking time bomb. I guess I could have died at any time," John said. "I feel so lucky and so grateful to be alive. I played nine gigs and the White Tie and Tiara Summer Ball in agony."

The Mirror reported that John has set his sights on accepting the new BRITs Icon Award in London on Sept. 2. The newspaper said John also plans to appear at the opening of the new First Direct Arena in Leeds on Sept. 4.

John is also planning a return to Las Vegas for an extended residency at The Colosseum in Caesars Palace, according to The Mirror.

Urgent: Should Obamacare be Repealed? Vote Here Now

The Daily Mail said John thanked fans for their support on his official website.

"I would like to thank the literally thousands of people who have sent me get well cards and messages over the past two weeks," John wrote on the website. "Your well wishes have touched me deeply and will play a big part in my recovery. I cannot wait to see you all and thank you in person when I resume my concert schedule later this year."

Related stories:

Elton John: 'Lucky To Be Alive' After Appendicitis Cancels Tour

Elton John Brushes Elbows with Conservative Elite


© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
You May Also Like

Boeing Air Force One Fleet: 747-8s to Replace Current Presidential Jets

Thursday, 29 Jan 2015 13:47 PM

Two Boeing 747-8 aircrafts will replace the current Air Force One fleet of presidential jets, the U.S. Air Force said on . . .

Taylor Swift Trademarks 'Party Like It's 1989,' but Not 'Shake It Off'

Thursday, 29 Jan 2015 13:22 PM

Taylor Swift has moved to trademark a number of phrases from her latest album, "1989," including "Party Like It's 1989"  . . .

Dartmouth's Hard Alcohol Ban, Other New Rules Seek to Curb Misconduct

Thursday, 29 Jan 2015 13:04 PM

Dartmouth announced this week it is banning hard liquor on campus and mandating that students take part in a sexual viol . . .

Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved