Image: Ed Schultz Attacks Politico for Reporting He's Being Pushed Off MSNBC

Ed Schultz Attacks Politico for Reporting He's Being Pushed Off MSNBC

Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 10:21 AM

By Michael Mullins

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Shuffled MSNBC host Ed Schultz lashed out at news site Politico for citing unnamed sources who claimed the liberal firebrand was being pushed off the cable opinion network to make way for new talent.

It was announced last week that Schultz would be losing his 8 p.m. daily time slot as of April and moving to weekends.

On his radio program, "The Ed Schultz Show," the progressive host reacted to the piece, calling Politico reporters "nothing but a bunch of freaking whores."

Urgent: Obama or GOP: Who’s to Blame for Budget Crisis? Vote Now

"I’m amazed at media vultures out there who think that they’re gaining respect by people because they talk to someone anonymously," Schultz said. "Politico, they’re nothing but a bunch of freaking whores down there in Washington. That’s all they are. They don’t know their ass from third base and none of their people have talked to me."

In the Politico article, reporter Dylan Byers writes: "Like former MSNBC host Dylan Ratigan, Schultz suggested that the move was his choice . . . Sources at MSNBC told Politico that that was a very generous interpretation of events. Schultz was pushed out to make way for new talent, they said."

The decision to move from a highly sought after daily prime time slot to a less-watched 5 p.m. slot on Saturdays and Sundays was entirely up to him, Schultz claimed last week.

"I want you to know I raised my hand for this assignment for a number of personal and professional reasons," Schultz told his viewers last Wednesday on his MSNBC show.

On his radio show Tuesday, the liberal commentator added "I’m not a spring chicken. I’ve got a lot of tire left, but I am 59."

During his anti-Politico rant, Schultz added that Politico didn't have "the courtesy to call [him]" before coming "to the conclusion that there’s some conspiracy out there . . . [that] Ed is being forced to do this."

This isn't the first time Schultz's choice of words have raised eyebrows.

In May of 2011, Schultz was suspended by MSNBC for a week without pay after calling conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut" on his radio program. Schultz later apologized for his language on-air calling his words "terribly vile."

Editor's Note: The IRS’ Worst Nightmare — How to Pay Zero Taxes

Schultz will be replaced in the 8 p.m. daily slot by Chris Hayes, who, at 34, will be the youngest prime-time host on cable news. NBC Universal confirmed the switch last Thursday.

Related story:

MSNBC's Schultz 'Regrets' Deceptive Edit, Racism Charge Against Perry

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved