Couple Find Pot on McDonald's Burgers After They Fail Sniff Test

Thursday, 15 May 2014 09:23 AM

By Clyde Hughes

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
An Iowa couple were stunned to find what smelled and appeared to be pot in their McDonald's cheeseburgers after hitting the drive-thru for a bite to eat. The woman gave the McDoubles the sniff test because she was pregnant and was being careful of what she ate.

Ottumwa Police Lt. Jason Bell told The Des Moines Register that his office was sending the substance in the burgers to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation to see if it was indeed marijuana, but added that it "appears to be consistent with marijuana."

The incident happened April 26 at a McDonald's in Ottumwa, about 84 miles southeast of Des Moines. The couple, identified by the Ottumwa Evening Post as Brittany Songer, 23, and Cory Long, 31, purchased the burgers at the drive-thru that evening.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

Songer told the Evening Post that she was six weeks pregnant at the time was trying to be mindful for what she eating when the couple ordered McDoubles.

"Cory brought me food and I offered a bite to my two-year-old son, luckily he didn’t take one," Songer told the Ottumwa Evening Post. "Cory took a small bite, before he left my work, but it was such a small bite he didn't taste anything. Then I took a bite of my burger and got mad at Cory. It tasted bad, and I thought maybe it was because he had cologne on his hands when he bit it. Then I opened the burger and the cheese was just covered with weed."

Songer told the Evening Post she stopped eating the burger until the end of her work shift so she could examine it further.

"Once I opened those burgers, you couldn't smell McDonald's anymore," Songer said to the Post. "You could only smell the illegal drugs that were on it."

Authorities told the Register that if the substance is determined to be marijuana, they will try to figure out how it got in the burgers. No charges have been filed.

The Register reported that a manager at the Ottumwa restaurant declined to comment on the incident.

"I have gotten a lot more cautious about my food and my son's food," Songer told the Evening Post. "If we go anywhere, I check it first. It is a horrible feeling to do it, actually; not having trust in someone cooking your food."

Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.

Related Stories:

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved