A Tampa judge involved in the bankruptcy proceedings of Casey Anthony ruled Tuesday that two defamation suits against her will proceed in federal court instead of state court.
Central Florida News 13 reported that the move was considered a "small victory" for Anthony, 26, allowing the judge the handle the cases with her bankruptcy case
. The judge described Anthony's financial status as "destitute," according to Central Florida News 13.
Anthony is fighting two defamation lawsuits from Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk in connection with her 2011 murder case where a jury found Anthony not guilty.
Urgent: Should the NSA Spy on Americans? Vote Here Now.
Kronk, a meter reader who found the body of Anthony's 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's body, claims in his suit that Anthony's defense attorney falsely and knowingly implicated him in the toddler's death, according to the Orlando Sentinel
The newspaper reported that Gonzalez, of Kissimmee, claims that Anthony ruined her reputation when Anthony repeatedly charged that a nanny with a similar name kidnapped her daughter.
Attorneys for Kronk and Gonzalez have 21 days to file complaints or motions, Central Florida News 13 reported. The television station stated that both cases are expected to continue in federal court. Anthony's bankruptcy could discharge any debts or claims against her. She has told the court that she has debts of about $800,000, according to Central Florida News.
WFTV.com's Anthony DiLorenzo reported that the judge made no decision on Anthony turning in her laptop computer
. Plaintiffs contend the computer may hold information about her life story or hidden assets, according to WFTV-TV.
In other court action against Anthony, Texas EquuSearch filed a motion in Florida bankruptcy court last week in connection with its claim to be reimbursed $110,000 it spent on search for Caylee Anthony. EquuSearch attorneys want to depose Anthony and her parents, according to Central Florida News
Editor's Note: Get the Navy SEALs Cap – Celebrate Our Heroes
While Anthony was found not guilty in her daughter's death in 2011, she was found guilty on four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer, and sentenced to one year in jail and $1,000 in fines, according to Biography.com. She received credit for time served and good behavior, and was released on July 17, the website said.
The nationally-televised trial pushed Anthony into the national spotlight. The case sparked several states to create laws making it a felony for a parent or guardian not to report a missing child, per Biography.com.
Casey Anthony Emerges From Hiding For Bankruptcy Hearing
Casey Anthony Pregnant? Media Reports Recycle 2011 National Enquirer Story
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.