Camille Grammer was "shocked" to learn this week that her ex-boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos will not be charged with assault for allegedly attacking her last year.
A Texas grand jury decided there was not enough evidence to take the assault case to trial after Charalambopoulos appeared in front of the panel Wednesday, TMZ reported
Police began investigating Charalambopoulos last October after Grammer accused him of slamming her face into furniture, grabbing out clumps of her hair, and threatening her as she recovered in a Houston hotel room from an invasive hysterectomy, which was scheduled after she was diagnosed with an early stage of endometrial cancer
Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll
The former "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star and ex-wife of actor Kelsey Grammer was granted a temporary restraining order against Charalambopoulos after the initial incident, and then later secured a three-year order of protection, Us Weekly reported
"I was just shocked," Grammer told E! News of the grand jury's decision
. "I'm very disappointed. That said, I'm just so happy I'm in remission. I got a really good report from my doctor and that's the most important thing. We'll see what happens next. I am disappointed, but I'm going to put it in the past and move on."
Sources told TMZ that Grammer was hoping the pictures of her injuries would be enough to indict Charalambopoulos. Nevertheless, the 45-year-old mother of two received an outpouring of support from her fans on Twitter.
Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.