Tags: cameron dambrosio | facebook | bombing | brag

Cameron D'Ambrosio: Facebook Bombing Brag Brings Terror Charge

Image: Cameron D'Ambrosio: Facebook Bombing Brag Brings Terror Charge

Monday, 06 May 2013 12:52 PM

By Alexandra Ward

Cameron D'Ambrosio, a Massachusetts high school student, faces terrorism charges after posting threats on Facebook saying he would carry out a bombing worse than the Boston Marathon attacks, which would make him "famous."

D'Ambrosio, 18, a student at Methuen High School and self-proclaimed rapper, pleaded not guilty Thursday to making a bomb threat on Facebook and is being held without bail by Lawrence District Court Judge Lynn Rooney pending a May 9 dangerousness hearing after waiving his right to a bail argument, according to the Boston Herald.

"(Expletive) a boston bominb wait till u see the (expletive) I do, I'ma be famous rapping, and beat every murder charge that comes across me! [sic]" the post read.

Urgent: Is Obamacare Hurting Your Wallet? Vote in Poll

A fellow student reportedly alerted assistant principal James Weymouth about the threat and Weymouth contacted police. D'Ambrosio could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted on one count of making a bomb threat. Police said the teen admitted Wednesday to having written the Facebook post, the Herald reported.

"When we're just recovering from what occurred in Boston, to make a threat and use what occurred in Boston to enhance your threat, is extremely alarming for us," Methuen Police Chief Joseph Solomon said at a press conference last week. "There are no more threats that are high school pranks. If they're thinking that way, they need to get their heads into 2013."

"I don't think he was intending to do anything," a neighbor of D'Ambrosio's told local NBC affiliate WHDH-TV. "He was just full of hatred at the time. I don't think he's smart enough to build a bomb, you know?"

ALERT: Government ‘Blunder’ Spawns Massive Profit Opportunity

D'Ambrosio was charged last year with threatening to stab his sister to death, according to the Herald. The case was dismissed last month.

Two homemade bombs that went off at the Boston Marathon on April 15 killed three people and wounded more than 170. Boston Police recently announced they had arrested three more men who allegedly helped suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev after the bombings occurred.

Related stories:

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's Mechanic: Boston Bombing Suspect 'Looked Nervous'

Threats Posted to White House Facebook Page

© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
You May Also Like

Kurt Cobain Documentary: Courtney Love, Daughter Frances Bean Reunite

Monday, 26 Jan 2015 17:22 PM

A Kurt Cobain documentary premiered at the Sundance Film Festival over the weekend, bringing together the rocker’s daugh . . .

Coinbase Launch: Company to Open First Regulated Bitcoin Exchange in US

Monday, 26 Jan 2015 16:50 PM

San Francisco’s Coinbase opened the first regulated bitcoin exchange in the U.S. on Monday, a move that many believe wil . . .

Emma Watson: 'Beauty and the Beast' Role as Belle 'Feels Surreal'

Monday, 26 Jan 2015 16:16 PM

Emma Watson has been cast to play Belle in Disney’s upcoming live-action version of “Beauty and the Beast,” an announcem . . .

Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved