Tags: burger | king | razor | blade

Whopper Razor Blade Found by Burger King Customer

Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013 01:25 PM

By Alexandra Ward

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
A California woman checking her Burger King sandwich for onions instead found a razor blade hidden between the meat and cheese earlier this month.

Yolanda Orozco, 46, of Willits, Calif., said she was stunned when she discovered she sharp-edged blade inside her Burger King burger.

"I bit off of it, I checked for onions and then I saw a razor blade in there," Orozco told news10.net. "I was in shock. I was just looking at it. Somebody at Burger King was careless."

Urgent: Is Obama Telling the Truth on IRS, Benghazi Scandals?

Orozco immediately called the police, who went to the Willits Burger King franchise to investigate. Police determined the incident to be an accident after seeing other razor blades in the kitchen of the fast-food restaurant.

"We saw the disconcerting sign of three other razor blades in close proximity to food," officer Mark McNelley with the Willits Police Department said. "I was definitely surprised. I didn't expect to see that."

Employees told the officers the blades are used for cleaning purposes, according to the police report, though they didn’t go into detail.

The Mendocino County Department of Environmental Health has stepped in to handle the investigation.

Burger King issued a statement about the razor blade mishap.

"Food safety is a top priority for Burger King restaurants globally," the statement read. "Burger King Corp. has strict food handling and guest policies and procedures in place that all crew members are required to follow. Franchisees are responsible for implementing these policies and emphasize the proper food safety procedures to all crew members. The franchisee, who independently owns and operates this restaurant, is fully cooperating with the Willits Police Department."

Editor's Note: Get the Navy SEALs Cap – Celebrate Our Heroes

Last month, a New York woman sued McDonald's, claiming that her voice was permanently damaged after she ingested a piece of glass that was embedded in a chicken sandwich in 2010.

Related stories:

14-Year-Old Burger from McDonald's Discovered in Coat Pocket Looks Edible

Nestlé Recalls Lean Cuisine Ravioli After Glass Found in 3 Dishes

Calif. Lettuce Recalled Over Listeria

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Send me more news as it happens.
 
 
Get me on The Wire
Send me more news as it happens.
Around the Web
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved