A reporter at a local TV station in Alabama was fired Friday after posting a controversial "confessions" list on her personal blog last week, in which she admitted to going bra-less while live on the air and napping in the news van, among other things.
But now a former co-worker has come forward and said the blog was just "the straw that broke the camel's back," and reporter Shea Allen has been a ticking time bomb for termination after a growing list of infractions, including cursing on live TV and getting arrested.
Allen, who began working at Huntsville's ABC affiliate WAAY-TV in 2011, was "terminated without cause" Friday for a posting on her blog titled, "Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter."
Latest: Do You Support Giving Illegals Citizenship? Vote Here Now
The post included a list of 10 on-the-job revelations:
1. I've gone bra-less during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser.
2. My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me.
3. I am better live when I have no script and no idea what I'm talking about.
4. I've mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner in front of the camera than I actually am.
5. I hate the right side of my face.
6. I'm frightened of old people and I refuse to do stories involving them or the places they reside.
7. Happy, fluffy, rainbow stories about good things make me depressed.
8. I've taken naps in the news car.
9. If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I'll stop recording but let you think otherwise.
10. I've stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe)
Allen said she was warned by station management to remove the post, but decided not to. Instead, she re-posted it with a note:
"Here's the thing, I've vowed to always fight for the right of free expression. It's allowed, no matter what the profession. I pride myself in having earned the respect of many because I make no apologies for the truth and hold nothing back. I don't fight for things because they serve me, I fight for them because they are right. Sources trust me because I am an unadulterated version of the truth. I won't ever bend just because its popular to do so and I'm not bending now."
She was terminated Friday.
Allen said she intended for the confessions list to be a joke.
"I didn't want to lose my job, that's for sure," she told AL.com.
"I never thought it was going to make me lose my job. It was meant as Overheard in the Newsroom, just a funny thing, making fun of the subtle nuances of my job."
A former colleague of Allen's told Gawker that the reporter was suspended
earlier this year for dropping the F-word on the air and, on a separate occasion, for running a news package that contained profanity and racial slurs.
She was also arrested in January 2012, shortly after she was hired by WAAY-TV.
"I had an outstanding warrant for failing to appear on the littering citation," Allen told TheBlaze.com.
"It’s been expunged off my record."
Urgent: Should Obamacare be Repealed? Vote Here Now
Black TV Reporter Slams 'Bigoted' Get-a-Wig Post, Gets Fired
TV Anchor A.J. Clemente Fired After Obscenity 15 Seconds Into His Big Break
Fox News' Mike Tobin Stops Kissers in a Heartbeat (Video)
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.