If you want to visit the world’s top-rated, all-inclusive resorts, you’ll have to go to the Caribbean or Latin America.
So says TripAdvisor, which ranked the Top 10 resorts
based on reviews and ratings from its users. Mexico is home to five of the Top 10.
Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?
The Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Playa Paraiso, Mexico, captured the top spot.
“Every aspect of our stay was extraordinary: food, service, beautiful beach. Quiet enough to relax but stimulating enough not to get bored,” wrote one commenter on the site.
Rounding out the Top 10 on TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Awards 2013:
2) Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
3) The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
4) Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica
5) Excellence Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
6) Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
7) Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
8) Secrets Maroa Beach Riviera Cancun, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
9) The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
10) Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, Bahia de Samana, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
All-inclusive resorts wasn’t the only Traveler’s Choice Awards category. New York took the top spot as best U.S. destination, with San Francisco, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Orlando rounding out the Top 5. Paris, meanwhile, took the top spot for best destination in the world, with New York, London, Rome and Barcelona rounding out the Top 5.
The top ranked hotel in the world was the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu in Hawaii.
“The site of the hotel is beyond lovely – nestled on the shore among the blackened lava flows and banyan trees,” wrote one visitor. “I can’t speak to the area around the resort, because it’s so beautiful that honestly, you don’t feel the desire to venture out.”
Editor's Note: Do You Support Obamacare? Vote in Urgent National Poll
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.