A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s marital infidelity has cost him the affections of a majority of Americans.
• 68% of American adults now hold an unfavorable view of Schwarzenegger.
• 29% view the action star very unfavorably.
• 25% retain a favorable view.
• 3% hold a very favorable view.
The report of the survey noted that Schwarzenegger’s popularity was already on the wan before details of his affair with a household staff member and a resulting secret offspring made the news.
• By the end of his second term, 35% of California voters somewhat approved of his job performance, with 64% disapproving.
Meanwhile, Maria Shriver, who separated from Schwarzenegger after learning of the ten-years-old affair, has taken the high ground.
• 62% of adults have a favorable opinion of the ex-NBC news anchor and Kennedy family member.
• 22% have a very favorable view.
• 23% view Shriver unfavorably.
• 5% view her very unfavorably.
Battle of the sexes.
• 32% of men still view the Terminator favorably, compared to just 20% of women.
• 58% of men and 65% of women view Shriver favorably.
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.