The presidential campaign boils down to numbers. And The Hill
has come up with several key statistics for President Barack Obama. Here are six of them.
1. The unemployment rate, currently 9.1 percent. Obama may need a rate close to 8 percent for re-election.
2. First-time voters. Polls showed 69 percent of them voted in 2008 because of Obama. He needs to keep their support.
3. The number of troops in Afghanistan. It’s now 100,000. Withdrawal is scheduled to start next month, and its ultimate size could help determine Obama’s fate.
4. The number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq. It has been five this week. And if that number rises, Obama could be in trouble.
5. The number of black voters supporting Obama. It was 95 percent in 2008, and he needs a big turnout from them next year.
6. The Hispanic vote. Obama won 67 percent of it in 2008. He’ll have to work hard to sustain that support this time around.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.