Andrew Breitbart, who broke the Anthony Weiner sex scandal story, says he had no idea he was on live television Monday when he spoke to reporters about the investigation into the lewd photos sent from Weiner’s Twitter account. Breitbart also said on Fox News that he feels vindicated by the Democratic New York congressman’s confession.
“First of all, I had no idea that I was live on television. I arrived in New York at a hotel, five blocks away,” Breitbart said. “So, I just walked five blocks, walked into the ballroom. And a gaggle of reporters surrounded me about 40 or 50 of them and they started asking me questions. And they said they couldn’t hear me.”
Breitbart told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he was asked to get on the stage.
“And I thought that they meant get on the stage because the microphone could, you know, make my voice louder, because I’ve had a cold over the last week,” he said. “So, I went up there, I had no idea that I would be talking to a live audience. I only found out afterwards.”
Hannity noted that Breitbart had been under attack for days, even accused of hacking Weiner’s Twitter account, and it amounted to “blaming the messenger.”
“I need to apologize to my family right now. I mean, I really, I took away their Memorial Day weekend, last weekend,” Breitbart said. “I said trust me, I’ll be with you, I’ll be with you this weekend.
“And then I was down in the desert, getting phone calls saying, they are accusing you of being the hacker. And when these ideas get out there, in the media, you have to fight back or they become the truth, even if they are not true at all,” he said. “So, to me, this mattered. I was out there trying to get to the truth of the story. To vindicate myself. Because so many people in the media were trying to use this again, to try and bury me.”
“It was about vindication,” he said.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.