In pro-Israel circles recently an “urgent” email message circulated. With a picture of President Obama waving his finger, the email read, “The reason for the unrest in the Ukraine is housing being built for Jews in Israel.” While it was clearly a joke, the reality is that so often Obama has blamed Israel.
During this week’s meeting between President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu, Obama scolded Israel as he has repeatedly throughout his presidency, claiming “The timeframe that we have set up for completing these negotiations is coming near” and telling Israel “time was running out.”
Perhaps it’s good news that at least Obama didn’t leave Netanyahu waiting for an hour while he dined with his family, as he did a few years ago.
President Obama: The people of Israel have lived 3,700 years and survived crusades, pogroms, the Holocaust, and a lot else. Time is not running out — and Israel’s raison d'être is for a Jewish homeland, not the endless pursuit of “peace.” As important as peace is, it takes two to tango.
Israel is thriving and the Jewish people will survive. Israel is constantly under pressure from the world, and there are many classic timeless quotes which remain relevant today on Zionism and Israel:
- “Israel is still the only country in the world against which there is a written document to the effect that it must disappear.” Menachem Begin
- "Today, the Jews are in less danger because Israel is strong. But would I rely on the world with respect to the Jews? No. I don’t rely on anyone in this matter." Ariel Sharon
- “The settlement of the Land of Israel is the essence of Zionism. Without settlement, we will not fulfill Zionism. It's that simple.” Yitzhak Shamir
- "We are a people as all other peoples; we do not have any intentions to be better than the rest … We do not have to account to anybody, we are not to sit for anybody's examination and nobody is old enough to call on us to answer. We came before them and will leave after them. We are what we are, we are good for ourselves, we will not change, nor do we want to." Ze'ev Jabotinsky
- "Zionism is nothing more — but also nothing less — than the Jewish people's sense of origin and destination in the land linked eternally with its name.” Abba Eban
- “The Land of Israel was the birthplace of the Jewish people. Here their spiritual, religious and political identity was shaped. Here they first attained to statehood, created cultural values of national and universal significance and gave to the world the eternal Book of Books.” Israeli Declaration of Independence
- "I have come gradually to see that, in a dangerous and largely hostile world, it is essential to Jews to have some country which is theirs, some region where they are not suspected aliens, some state which embodies what is distinctive in their culture." Bertrand Russell
- "Zionism is the modern expression of the ancient Jewish heritage. Zionism is the national liberation movement of a people exiled from its historic homeland and dispersed among the nations of the world.” Yigal Allon
- "Zionism finds in it, for the Jews, a reason to raise their heads, and, taking their stand upon the past, to gaze straightforwardly into the future." Louis Brandeis
Through it all, The Jewish People Live!
Ronn Torossian is one of America’s foremost Public Relations executives as founder/CEO of 5WPR, a leading independent PR Agency. The firm was honored as PR Firm of the Year by The American Business Awards, and has been named to the Inc. 500 List. Torossian is author of the best-selling "For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results with Game-Changing Public Relations." For more of Ronn Torossian's reports, Go Here Now.
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.