Public Schools — Just Another Leftist Petri Dish

Tuesday, 27 Aug 2013 06:04 PM

By Michael Reagan

  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Here in California the obsession leftist Democrats have with sex has reached the point of absurdity. The latest news comes from a Republican California Assemblyman by the name of Tim Donnelly.

He is withdrawing one of his sons from public school because of a new state law that allows ‘transgender’ students to choose which restroom or locker room they use at school.

The law is the product of the fevered advocacy for sexual libertinism that Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D–San Francisco, confuses with the job of an elected representative.

In leftist Democrats’ fantasy world sexual orientation (heterosexual, homosexual, multi–sexual or what have you) is as immutable as the sun, but your actual sex — as determined by biological plumbing — is as transient as the butterfly.

It would not take any great application of common sense to require individuals with male plumbing to use the male bathroom and vice versa, regardless of the delusion or delusions from which that individual is suffering.

Just as the city wouldn’t allow a man who thought he was a lion to use the lion facilities at the zoo. Both types of individuals are more in need of therapy than they are of legislation.

But common sense is uncommonly scarce in the California legislature.

As Donnelly put it, “While trying to address a concern of less than 2 percent of the population, California is now forcibly violating the rights of the other 98 percent.” And the right most in question is privacy. Teenage girls are not going to be enchanted by the idea of a ‘transgendered’ teenage boy sharing the same bathroom or shower room with them.

If possible, they will be even less accommodating when he/she competes with them for a spot on the girl’s basketball team or volleyball team. To say nothing of his/her trying out as a cheerleader.

Just to give you an idea of how detached from reality supporters of the new law are, they claim “it will help reduce bullying and discrimination against transgender students . . .”

Is it any wonder our schools don’t teach and fail to prepare children for college or a career?

Leftists in charge of the legislature and the school systems waste time and create distractions for students by catering to the latest fashion in sexual proclivities. When they should be focusing on educating the student who doesn’t mind using the bathroom facilities God equipped him to use, doesn’t plan to compete in a sport with people who are smaller and weaker than he is and instead simply wants to go to school and prepare himself for life.

Michael Reagan is the son of President Ronald Reagan. He is president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation and Chairman of the League of American Voters. Mike is a in-demand speaker with Premiere. Read more reports from Michael Reagan — Click Here Now.

© Mike Reagan

  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Retype Email:
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Celebrities Sign Letter of Support for Israel

Tuesday, 26 Aug 2014 14:02 PM

Two hundred Hollywood stars and celebrities signed an open letter of support for Israel and at the same time criticized  . . .

Pelosi's District Exempt From Water Rationing

Friday, 22 Aug 2014 10:44 AM

It’s axiomatic that leftist leadership is always in favor of sacrificing for the environment if someone else is doing th . . .

Sacramento Bureaucrats Weigh Sex Bill

Wednesday, 20 Aug 2014 14:10 PM

The same people who want to legalize prostitution now want to legalize sex among amateurs. . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved