Tags: paterson | emergency | action

Paterson Takes $1.6B in Emergency Actions

Sunday, 29 Nov 2009 05:57 PM

 

ALBANY, N.Y. - New York Gov. David Paterson is now taking $1.6 billion worth of temporary, emergency measures to cover the state's December bills. That's while he's continuing to try to get the Legislature to agree with $1.4 billion more to address a deficit.

Most of the immediate action involves shifting money from state agencies to the general fund, which must be returned to the agencies within four months under law. He also says he will temporarily use some cash from previously scheduled borrowing for capital projects.

Two major pieces are less certain. He plans to get $200 million from the group yet to be chosen to put video slot machines at Aqueduct race track, a process delayed for years. He also seeks $250 from the Battery Park City Authority, but that requires approval from City Hall.

Special: Get Sarah Palin’s New Book – Incredible FREE Offer -- Click Here Now.

© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Mike Huckabee: Misquote on 'Trashy Women' Was No Mistake

Wednesday, 28 Jan 2015 22:51 PM

Former Fox News host Mike Huckabee says it was no mistake when the website Politico reported that he said the women of F . . .

John Boehner: Not Backing Down on Obama Overreach

Wednesday, 28 Jan 2015 20:50 PM

House Speaker John Boehner told Fox News Wednesday he "was the tea party before there was a tea party," and that he has  . . .

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence Regrets 'Confusion' Over State News Site

Wednesday, 28 Jan 2015 20:39 PM

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Wednesday he regrets the confusion caused by a memo about his administration's planned st . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved