Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney told attendees at a closed-door fundraiser on Sunday evening in Palm Beach, Fla., specific details about policy measures he would implement if elected president, reports MSNBC.
The following are chief among his policy measures:
- Reform the nation’s tax code
- Possibly eliminate the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Overhaul of the Department of Education
- Implement 20 percent across-the-board tax cut while preserving the progressive structure in the tax code
- Eliminate loopholes and deductions for the wealthy while ensuring top earners don’t face a steeper tax burden
- Eliminate the second home mortgage deduction for high income earners along with deductions for state income and property taxes
- Work up a “Republican DREAM Act,” in order to give Hispanics a choice between the two parties
- Reach out to independents and women voters
His campaign message boils down to two themes: jobs and kids, Romney said. The campaign, he told listeners, is guided on the principles of restoring job growth and ensuring a better future for generations to come.
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.