Cain Rips Fellow Candidates for Skipping Vegas Debate

Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 03:15 PM

By Dan Weil

  Comment  |
   Contact  |
  Print   |
    A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Former Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain represents the only Republican presidential candidate so far to commit to next month’s debate in Las Vegas. And he’s not happy about it, Politico reports.

Cain is particularly upset with front-runner Mitt Romney, who has announced that he’s skipping the event. "Now is not the time for political games,” Cain said. “It's time to get serious about our anemic economy and the millions of Americans out of work because of it. People deserve to hear from all of us," Cain said.

"Governor Romney, saying you're a businessman simply isn't enough. I hope you will participate in this debate to showcase what experiences and vision we each have, and which of us would be able to best help stabilize and grow our economy."

The debate, which the Daily Caller and Americans for Tax Reform are sponsoring, will take place at the Conservative Leadership Conference.


© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

  Comment  |
   Contact  |
  Print   |
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

National Journal: Bush, Paul, Rubio Seize Momentum; Hillary Doesn't

Monday, 22 Dec 2014 10:39 AM

With 2014 drawing to a close, the National Journal has analyzed the positions of a range of potential 2016 presidential  . . .

Report: Steyer, Bloomberg Topped List of 2014 Midterm Donors

Monday, 22 Dec 2014 10:00 AM

There are nine key individual donors who fueled the 2014 elections, according to a new report from the Center for Respon . . .

Top Democratic Aide Says No to Running a 2016 Hillary Campaign

Sunday, 21 Dec 2014 19:33 PM

One of the leading candidates to manage Hillary Clinton's expected campaign for U.S. president in 2016 has withdrawn fro . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved