Rep. Michele Bachmann is negotiating a settlement over a lawsuit from a former campaign aide who claims an email list was stolen from her personal computer and used to promote the congresswoman's 2012 presidential campaign, The Minneapolis Star Tribune
Barb Heki sued the Minnesota Republican and other top campaign aides last July, alleging that Iowa campaign chairman State Sen. Kent Sorenson stole the list of thousands of names from the home-school network on whose board she served.
Heki said she told Sorenson months earlier that she would not provide the list to the campaign.
Bachmann met with Heki's lawyers in Des Moines on Monday, the Star Tribune reported, though details have not been released about the talks.
In a sworn affidavit last fall, Bachmann adviser Eric Woolson said Sorenson admitted taking the email list from Heki, though Sorenson has publicly denied taking it.
Bachmann had high hopes of carrying Iowa in the state's presidential caucuses last year after winning the Ames Straw Poll in 2011. However her support in the Hawkeye State imploded and she eventually gained less than 5 percent of the vote, putting her in sixth place. She withdrew from the race for the White House the following day.
Sorenson is already the focus of an Iowa ethics prove which is investigating payments made to him by the Bachmann campaign in exchange for his support. Lawmakers in Iowa are barred from accepting employment from political campaigns.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.