Newsmax's John Gizzi: Susan Rice Is Out of Congressional Reach

Friday, 06 Jun 2014 07:47 PM

By Bill Hoffmann

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
National Security Advisor Susan Rice — under fire for saying Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl served his country with "honor and distinction" — is an untouchable in the Obama administration, Newsmax White House Correspondent John Gizzi says.

"She is in a position where she cannot be [brought] in front of congressional committees. She serves at the pleasure of the president within his executive office,'' Gizzi told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"In fact, [she is] down the hall from the president's Oval Office in the West Wing and it is easy to get her as if she were in a position where she had achieved Senate confirmation.''

Story continues below video.



Gizzi made his comments during a Newsmax panel discussion with former Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, who believes the trade of Bergdahl for five Taliban terrorists is dangerous.

"The bottom line is the people that we had previously released from Gitmo, we determined that they were lower risks to returning to the battlefield,'' Hoekstra said.

"We know with certainty that at least 30 percent of those people have made it back to the battlefield. It's not that the other 70 percent haven't made it back, we just can't confirm exactly where they are.

"So, these are high risk people. They are going to be back on the battlefield.''


See "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV each weekday live by clicking here now.         





© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Lawyer: FEMA Wrong to Seek Refunds from Superstorm Victims

Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014 15:30 PM

Lawyer and radio host Adam Thompson joined Miranda Khan and John Bachman on "America's Forum" on Newsmax TV on Tuesday t . . .

Republican Strategist: Obama's ISIS Plan, a 'Ridiculous Strategy'

Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014 15:19 PM

President Barack Obama's announcement that he will not use ground forces in the fight against the Islamic State (ISIS) i . . .

Newsmax Panel: In Wake of Domestic Abuse Cases, NFL Needs to Make Changes

Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014 13:46 PM

The video showing Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice beating his girlfriend unconscious, combined with the recent in . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved