Graham Says He'll Block Nominations over Benghazi

Image: Graham Says He'll Block Nominations over Benghazi

Monday, 28 Oct 2013 12:14 PM

 

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink

Sen. Lindsey Graham is threatening to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress.

The South Carolina Republican made the threat Monday on his official Twitter account.

The tweet said: "Where are the #Benghazi survivors? I'm going to block every appointment in the US Senate until they are made available to Congress."

Graham is among lawmakers who are not satisfied with information they've received so far on the attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans on Sept. 11, 2012.

Prominent nominations awaiting Senate confirmation include Janet Yellen for chair of the Federal Reserve and Jeh Johnson for secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Rubio: Putin Guilty of 'Murder'; Sees New 'Frankenstein'

Thursday, 24 Jul 2014 14:09 PM

The Russian government is directly responsible for murder' in the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17, and  . . .

CNN Poll: 35 Percent of Americans Want Obama Impeached

Friday, 25 Jul 2014 07:00 AM

Thirty-five percent of Americans want President Barack Obama impeached while 65 percent do not, according to a CNN/ORC I . . .

Obama Plan Would Let Young Hondurans Enter US as Refugees

Thursday, 24 Jul 2014 23:24 PM

The Obama administration is considering a two-year, $47 million pilot program that would screen children and young adult . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved