Officials: Al-Qaida Man to Be Charged in NYC Plot

Wednesday, 07 Jul 2010 09:48 AM

 

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink

Federal prosecutors are expected to announce terrorism charges against an al-Qaida leader with ties to last year's thwarted plot to bomb the New York City subway system.

Law enforcement officials say Adnan Shukrijumah will be named in an indictment in Brooklyn federal court Wednesday.

Shukrijumah has eluded the FBI for years and remains at large. He is among the top candidates to be al-Qaida's next head of external operations, the man in charge of planning attacks worldwide.

Authorities believe Shukrijumah met with a would-be suicide bomber in a plot that Attorney General Eric Holder called one of the most dangerous since 9/11.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the case.

——

Associated Press writer Tom Hays contributed from New York.

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

GOP: Raise Minimum Wage, Vote for Common Sense

Thursday, 23 Oct 2014 00:18 AM

Democrats in the Senate, and President Obama, have expressed support for raising the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an  . . .

Ed Royce: 'Are We Doing Enough' to Stop Terror Attacks?

Wednesday, 22 Oct 2014 22:40 PM

Rep. Ed Royce said he thinks laws will be changed in Great Britain and Canada to stop the sort of homegrown terrorist at . . .

Ebola Death Toll Rises to Almost 4,900

Wednesday, 22 Oct 2014 22:28 PM

The number of people with Ebola is set to hit 10,000 in West Africa, the World Health Organization said, as the scramble . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved