Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is skeptical of Wednesday's announcement that an inspector general will look into the troubled rollout of HealthCare.gov.
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said
in a blog post Wednesday that Inspector General Dan Levinson will look into the flawed website launch.
"If they were trying to get to the bottom of it, they would have gotten there already, because this is not all that hard to figure out what the heck went wrong and fix it," Giuliani told Fox News Channel's "On the Record With Greta Van Susteren."
"We're in the middle of the second or third or fourth cycle of spin now," Giuliani said.
He said it seemed late for an investigation to begin now, adding that he suspects the reason for it is to avoid having to answer any more questions Congress might ask.
White-hat hacker David Kennedy, CEO of TrustedSec, told Van Susteren that problems he warned HHS about have not been fixed, and he's since found two more. Rather than fix one issue that revealed hackers' attempted attacks, he said, the contractors working on the site simply removed it from view.
It's "like a limb is severed and they're putting Band-Aids on it," Kennedy said.
Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., questioned Sebelius during her testimony Wednesday before the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
So far, $324 million has been spent on the website, with a total of $677 million obligated, Blackburn said. That bill doesn't include the cleanup of the site.
Blackburn asked whether contractors would be required to refund taxpayer money, but said Sebelius "hemmed and hawed," never answering the question.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.