Limbaugh: Obama Ultimately Responsible for Benghazi

Saturday, 11 May 2013 05:35 PM

By Todd Beamon

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Conservative radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh declared that President Barack Obama will ultimately be held responsible for the Sept. 11, 2012, attack at the U.S. post in Libya — not former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Latest: Is Obama in Cover-Up on Benghazi? Vote Here

“Right now, the focus still remains on Hillary Clinton, as it should,” Limbaugh said on his Friday afternoon radio program. “But, folks, I'm telling you the real focus of this is Barack Obama. And it's gonna end up being Barack Obama.

“This is not to excuse Hillary, and it's not to lessen her involvement, and it's not in any way to suggest that her involvement is insignificant, by no means,” Limbaugh continued. “But Obama should not get a pass on this. Where he was during this event is the fundamental question. And at some point, that question also is going to be asked.”

Earlier on Friday, reports surfaced that the Obama administration’s narrative on the cause of the assaults at the Benghazi compound were based on talking points that had been edited 12 times by State Department and White House officials.

The points were discussed by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice five days after the attacks — in which Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died — on the five Sunday morning talk shows.

Rice said that the incident began as a peaceful protest against an anti-Muslim film on YouTube that was later “hijacked” by militants.

“Right now, the focus is on Hillary and the 12 rewrites of the talking points,” Limbaugh said on Friday. “Twelve rewrites of the regime talking points that were used by Susan Rice and others explaining what happened, the video as an excuse and all that.

“The focus right now is the State Department, but at some point this is going to build — and it's going to expand because it must.

“At some point, they're gonna have to get to Obama and what he was doing and where he was — because he's the only guy that could issue the stand-down order,” Limbaugh added. “He's the president. He's the only guy that can order military action or no military action. So he's not gonna get a pass.

Latest: Is Obama in Cover-Up on Benghazi? Vote Here

“The State Department knew at the time of the attack it was al-Qaida. The White House knew it was al-Qaida. That's what's been so maddening about this: everybody knew. But the White House line was [that] it was a video, so they parroted that knowing full well what really happened.”


© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Militia Group Has Pool Party at US Embassy in Tripoli

Monday, 01 Sep 2014 10:02 AM

Members of a militia group in Libya posted a video of a pool party it had at the U.S. embassy in Tripoli.
 . . .

Returning Lawmakers Will Get Briefing on Ukraine, Islamic State

Monday, 01 Sep 2014 09:19 AM

Members of the House Armed Services Committee, returning after the five-week August recess, will get a classified briefi . . .

Americans Detained in North Korea Call for US Help

Monday, 01 Sep 2014 08:45 AM

North Korea gave foreign media access on Monday to three detained Americans who said they have been able to contact thei . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved