A new poll for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
shows Newt Gingrich with a double-digit lead in his home state of Georgia.
• Gingrich tallied the support of 38 percent of respondents.
• Mitt Romney was favored by 24 percent of those polled.
• Rick Santorum attracted 22 percent.
• 3 percent of those polled said they plan to vote for Ron Paul.
• 12 percent responded as undecided.
In the bigger picture, Gingrich leads in all regions of the state but enjoys his heaviest support in North Georgia, where 42 percent of respondents say they will vote for the former House speaker.
Romney does better in metro Atlanta, where he's the choice of 28 percent.
Santorum's numbers are best in Middle and South Georgia.
Georgia's 76 delegates are the most at stake in the 10 states that vote on Super Tuesday.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.