Hillary: I'm 'Absolutely' Content on Benghazi

Image: Hillary: I'm 'Absolutely' Content on Benghazi

Wednesday, 07 May 2014 07:37 PM

By Cathy Burke

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says there's no need to continue the investigation of the deadly 2012 Benghazi attack because she's "absolutely" content she knows what happened.

ABC News posted a brief clip of Clinton's interview with Robin Roberts, showing that Clinton has her doubts about the intentions of the House Republicans' drive to have a special committee investigate the attack.

Urgent: Do You Think There is a Cover-up on Benghazi? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

When Roberts asked Clinton if she was "satisfied with the answers" and "content with what you know what happened," Clinton replied: "Absolutely."

"I mean, of course there are a lot of reasons why, despite all of the hearings, all of the information that's provided, some choose not to be satisfied and choose to continue to move forward," Clinton said.

"That's their choice, and I do not believe there's any reason for it to continue in this way, but they get to call the shots in the Congress."

Eight different congressional committees have investigated the incident, holding more than a dozen hearings and 50 briefings and examining 25,000 pages of documents.

But Republicans have charged the White House has yet to provide a complete account of its handling of the incident. Release last week of an email by a top Obama foreign policy aide that seemed to suggest a White House effort to protect the president has refueled the controversy.

House Democrats have railed at Speaker John Boehner's select committee plan that calls for a GOP majority on the 12-member panel, and have accused the House Republicans of "extreme and counter-productive partisanship" in their investigations of the Benghazi attack.

The issue is likely to remain a flashpoint as Clinton considers a possible White House run. She led the State Department at the time, and Clinton has said Benghazi was her "biggest regret" from her tenure as the top U.S. diplomat.

"It was a terrible tragedy losing four Americans, two diplomats, and now it is public, so I can say two CIA operatives," she said at the National Automobile Dealers Association convention in New Orleans in January.

Urgent: Do You Think There is a Cover-up on Benghazi? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

Reuters contributed to this report.

Related Stories:

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Hillary Takes Flak for Comment Seeming to Defend Hamas

Tuesday, 29 Jul 2014 19:12 PM

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is coming under fire after saying that Hamas hides its rockets in civilian are . . .

Ted Cruz Slams House Immigration Bill, Says Fails to Stop Obama Order

Tuesday, 29 Jul 2014 18:46 PM

U.S. border security will probably suffer if Congress fails to act on President Barack Obama's $3.7 billion request to c . . .

US, Israel: Obama-Netanyahu Transcript Fake

Tuesday, 29 Jul 2014 18:40 PM

Leaked transcripts of a conversation between President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu don't  . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved