Sickest Patients Get Another Extension Under Obamacare

Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014 07:29 PM

 

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink

Health insurance companies can no longer turn away people with medical problems, but the Obama administration isn't taking any chances with thousands of vulnerable patients in a special federal program.

The administration announced Tuesday it is granting a two-month extension for the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan. The temporary program was supposed to disappear Jan. 1, when guaranteed coverage for people with medical problems became the law of the land.

It's the second time the program has been extended. Technical problems with HealthCare.gov previously forced a one-month extension through Jan. 31.

The administration now says some people still in the plan may need additional time to find new coverage. The program will continue to run through the remainder of the health care law's first open enrollment season, which ends March 31.

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Rep. Steve King: House Will Approve Border Funding Bill

Thursday, 31 Jul 2014 22:54 PM

Rep. Steve King said on Thursday that he believed House Republicans would approve legislation to pay for the immigration . . .

Homeland Security Report: Border Children Transmitting Diseases

Thursday, 31 Jul 2014 22:36 PM

An alarming Homeland Security inspector general memo says some of the migrant children who've poured across the southern . . .

Cuomo Retains Defense Counsel as Corruption Probe Widens

Thursday, 31 Jul 2014 22:19 PM

A criminal defense attorney says he's been retained by the office of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo as a federal prosecutor  . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved