Do you want to know why the American electorate is simultaneously furious, pessimistic and at times beyond hope?
Because our government, federal, state and local, is on the wrong side of numerous issues and against the majority of Americans!
Look at these six hot-button issues:
- We have amnesty for illegals coupled with no border security and no punishment for American employers who hire illegals. No issue has undercut Americans’ belief in their federal government more. Thus the Arizona law — and the huge national support for it.
- The unsupported Obama healthcare bill. We had our first direct voter test in a Missouri statewide referendum last Tuesday. A whopping 71 percent rejected the federal mandate that each of us must have/buy health insurance. Plus, some national polls show that over 62 percent want this bill repealed.
- Excessive government spending and endless bailouts. A clear majority of the American people want these to stop. But Obama, Congress and many states persist in even more spending. And now the House has voted another $26 billion for public teachers unions. They took that money from Defense, another area of enormous spending (and one in which since 9/11 the military, industrial and intelligence complex milks patriotism to justify endless expenditures).
- Tax cuts. A full 70 percent of Americas want these kept in place, knowing that to raise taxes in this economy is certain to cause an even more severe economic slow-down. Yet Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid persist in blasting the Bush tax cuts as the reason for our present economic plight and promising to let them expire. Crazy.
- The gay marriage ruling by one federal judge last week — again — shows the disconnect between the people and the un-elected elites. A clear majority of Californians voted against gay marriage.
- The ground zero mosque in New York City is another case: Mayor Bloomberg and some lefties want to defy the overwhelming view of citizens and allow this mosque to be built. No wonder Bloomberg’s popularity is sinking.
It is crazy that in America the majority of Americans are ignored repeatedly by the very people they elect!
These examples show why Nov. 2, 2010, will be a seminal day with many incumbents being voted out of office.
However, one election does not a problem fix. No, we need the same spirit to be in effect in 2012 to go after the other senators who are up for re-election and to defeat an out-of-touch President Barack Obama, too.
It has taken decades of corruption and incompetence and the refusal to simply say one word – no – to get us into a state of near national bankruptcy.
It will take us more than one election to fix it.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.