“What difference, at this time, does it make at the border? White House politics trumps the law!” Thus, spoke a 26-year career government immigration lawyer sarcastically on June 13, 2014.
President Barack Obama, our global community organizer, has opened the U.S.-Mexican border to what resembles a Children’s Crusade. At least 60,000 undocumented children, mostly from Central American countries, have crashed the U.S. border in fiscal year 2014, as instructed, and turned themselves in to U.S. Border Patrol agents.
Many of the illegal border-crossers have telephone numbers for contacts, many have bus tickets, many have cell phones, and many have nothing.
U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar, D. Laredo, Texas, told a local CBS station that 1,200 children and families a day are crossing from Mexico into the United States along the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Meanwhile some 40 percent of the U.S. Border Patrol agents perform babysitting or clerical tasks.
An additional 30,000 children are projected to cross the Mexican-U.S. border by the end of September 2014. Such numbers make the Obama administration’s estimate of 142,000 undocumented children crossing the Mexican-U.S. border in FY2015 an unrealistic low-ball figure. As usual, President Obama was taken by surprise with this illegal alien onslaught.
Mystifying to most Americans is how babies and toddlers are crossing the Mexican-U.S. border without an accompanying adult. On June 13, an MSNBC reporter stated that children as young as 8 months old are crossing and the 5-6 year old crossers don’t know their full names or the towns they come from or were they are suppose to go. Meaning, The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has no way to locate the parents or relatives. Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador consular officers decline responsibility without proof a child is one of theirs.
A significant number of the female teens are pregnant which means their children are U.S citizens with all the accompanying benefits. At the same time, reports confirm that the migrating girls took contraceptive medicines as they know that 60 percent of the girls are raped coming to the border.
Most of the crossers appear to be 13 to 18 years of age equally divided between males and females. The Obama administration is unable to provide essential medical needs including vaccinations for all the minor border-crossers, but is moving thousands of children to Maryland and Virginia for settlement without the medical clearances required of legal immigrants.
U.S. taxpayers who will pay for the services given to these undocumented children, want to know how 60,000 children could cross some 1,200 miles of Mexican territory without being noticed by Mexican officials? These same Mexican officials were quick enough to incarcerate a U.S. Marine who unwittingly crossed the U.S.-Mexican border. How can this movement continue without notice by Mexican officials? Why are children from Central America not being stopped at Mexico’s southern border? Who is paying the smugglers the $3,000-$9,000 per child for the border-crossing?
The Obama administration prompted this crisis by promulgating the following Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Memoranda:
Deferred Prosecution. A memorandum, dated June 17, 2011, permitted DHS agents and officials to defer prosecution of illegal aliens.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The second memorandum, dated June 15, 2012, permitted illegal youths to have the privileges of U.S. citizenship, including work permits.
The current border crisis serves the purpose of groups whose goals are detrimental to America’s security, sovereignty, and well-being. Child border crashers benefit the various groups for the following reasons:
- They lessen the financial and entitlement burdens on their home countries, such as Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
- They rid Central American countries of criminal youth gang members, such as those belonging to MS-13.
- They allow Mexican officials to receive bribes from “coyotes,” bribes that help local economies.
- They divert U.S. Border Patrol agents to provide care for them, easing illegal border crossings by drug smugglers and terrorists.
- They enact the Cloward-Piven strategy for breaking a capitalist society by overloading its ability to furnish services, also a strategy of the Saul Alinsky community-organizing rules for radicals.
- They create this overload extending beyond border towns to other towns, cities, and states that then provide them with educational, health, and welfare services.
- They place a stress on taxpayer-funded services with billions of dollars needed for their care, thus raising taxes.
- They get a new life in America with full free entitlements and benefits.
- They help fulfill the 2008 pledge by President Obama to “change” America.
Six months ago, a federal judge in Brownsville, Texas, ruled that DHS was rewarding criminal conduct by aiding the transportation of illegal aliens to the interior of the United States, while at the same time failing to enforce the immigration laws of the United States.
The Obama administration does whatever it pleases.
James H. Walsh was associate general counsel with the U.S. Department of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service from 1983 to 1994. Read more reports from James Walsh — Click Here Now.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.