Top officials in the U.S. are pushing for a military strike against Iran, Fox News James Rosen reported Wednesday.
Citing a "recent decision by German officials to withhold support for any new sanctions against Iran," Fox said senior Bush administration officials have been left with no other option than to "to develop potential scenarios for a military attack on the Islamic regime."
[Editor's Note: 6 Days of Hell: the Coming War with Iran - get the story we broke first - Click Here Now.]
German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government recent refusal to support additional sanctions against the rogue state has made the sanctions effort useless.
Fox reported: "Political and military officers, as well as weapons of mass destruction specialists at the State Department, are now advising Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that the diplomatic approach" has failed, and that the U.S. must now "actively prepare" for a military option.
Noting a "well-placed Bush administration source," Fox said senior policy makers are reviewing the military option and say "the likely timeframe for any such course of action being over the next eight to 10 months, after the presidential primaries have probably been decided, but well before the November 2008 elections."
The behind-the-scenes military preparations may be shadowed by a growing war of words between Washington and Tehran.
Last month President Bush raised the specter of a new "holocaust" if the Iranians are not checked.
He told a meeting of veterans, "Iran has long been a source of trouble in the region. It is the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism... And Iran's active pursuit of technology that could lead to nuclear weapons threatens to put a region already known for instability and violence under the shadow of a nuclear holocaust."
Editor's Note: 6 Days of Hell: the Coming War with Iran - get the story we broke first - Click Here Now.
Terror Chatter High: Be Prepared with this Incredible Emergency Radio.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.