A new Harris poll found that four Republicans — Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, and Rudy Giuliani — are leading the pack among the 10 who have been touted as possible presidential candidates.
• Almost one-quarter of all adults say Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee should run for the nomination while 1 in 5 say it should be Sarah Palin or Rudy Giuliani.
• Just over one in 10 Americans say Newt Gingrich should run, while 9 percent favor Tim Pawlenty, 6 percent tap Michele Bachmann, 5 percent opt for Rick Santorum or Haley Barbour, and 4 percent say Mitch Daniels (4 percent) should run.
• Two in five Americans are not sure who should run for the Republican nomination.
These are some of the results of The Harris Poll of 2,566 adults surveyed online Jan. 17-24, 2011, by Harris Interactive.
Those who should run by party:
• Targeting who Republicans think should run for 2012, 39 percent believe Huckabee should run while 35 percent say Romney should run.
• Three in 10 Republicans believe Palin should run for the 2012 Republican nomination and about one-fourth think Giuliani or Gingrich should run for the nomination. Fewer Republicans believe Pawlenty (15 percent), Bachmann (10 percent), Santorum (10 percent), Barbour (8 percent), or Daniels (5 percent) should run while 25 percent of Republicans are not sure.
• Among independents, three names are clustered atop the list, with 26 percent for Romney, 25 percent for Huckabee and 24 percent for Giuliani. Meanwhile, 52 percent of Democrats say they are not sure who should run for the Republican presidential nomination.
And, when ideology enters in, conservatives Huckabee grabs 36 percnet, while Romney and Palin tie at 31 percent, whil 23 percent pick Gingrich and 20 percent tap Giuliani. Then come Pawlenty at 16 percent, Bachmann at 11, Santorum with 10, Barbour at 7, and Daniels at 5 percent. Thirty percent say they are not sure who of these 10 should run for the nomination.
Among moderates, 22 percent pick Giuliani and 21 percent tap Romney.
Liberals may be looking at whom they would like to see President Barack Obama run against, as 23 percent pick Palin.
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.