Americans are more down about their country and President Barack Obama than at any point since the new administration began, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.
• The poll also indicates grave concern about the Gulf oil spill.
• The great majority of adults want stringent regulation of the oil industry, and worry that the catastrophe will impact the nation's economy and environment.
• Sixty-two percent of adults in the survey feel the country is on the wrong track.
• One-third think the economy will get better over the next year.
• 57 percent of voters would prefer to elect a new person to Congress than re-elect their local representatives.
The results show "a really ugly mood and an unhappy electorate," said Democratic pollster Peter Hart.
To read the full report Go Here Now
© All Rights Reserved.