A four-minute video montage of “hate tweets” on YouTube directed at Sarah Palin and calling for her death is creating outrage on the Internet. The video was posted on Tuesday, before President Barack Obama’s Wednesday address calling for unity in the wake of the Tucson shooting rampage, which killed six and injured Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 12 others.
The montage is set to Alice Cooper’s song “School’s Out.”
Among the tweets:
- “Why couldn’t Sarah Palin get shot instead?”
- “I hope Sarah Palin dies an ugly death and takes her moronic hate with her.”
- “Can somebody please shoot Sarah Palin?”
- “I hope Sarah Palin gets cancer and dies in the next two years.”
- “Sarah Palin should be shot for her encouragement of fanaticism against Democrats.”
- “Join us in praying to God that Sarah Palin contracts cancer and dies.”
- “Sarah Palin is the single most dangerous threat to the future of the human race. Somebody bloody shoot her.”
According to Fox News, “attempts to reach some of the Twitter users who posted the messages were unsuccessful.”
Twitter’s terms of service advise that “we may not monitor or control the content posted via the services and we cannot take responsibility for such content.”
One of the many posters responding to the video stated: “Such hate and yet the left feels totally justified in putting the blame on others for one idiot’s action.”
Examiner.com observed: “Will this get condemned over at the DemocraticUnderground, or ThinkProgress? Maybe.
“Will they make as big a stink as they do about Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh, and call on YouTube to pull the video and perhaps implore Twitter to pull the Twitter accounts? Unlikely they make that much noise, but it would be nice if they did.”
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.